- Closed, Monday, July 4th for holiday. Back open, July 5th
- HANDICAP PARKING - We have such few places I am asking that they be left for the seniors that are the most handicap with their walking. Same as with the places that are the closest to the door. Thanks for your cooperation.
- When you sign in at the front desk, please one name on each line, not husband & wife.
- During any activity please turn cell phones on vibrate or off.
- Please always have the correct change to pay for activities.
- Please if you plan to attend an event always sign up by the due date so we will have a count.
The Perquimans County Senior Citizens Center opened in 1979. The Center is located at 1072 Harvey Point Road in Hertford. It is where senior persons can meet, receive services and participate in activities that will affirm the dignity and self worth of the senior adult. Hours of operation are 8 am until 5 pm daily Monday through Friday.
The mission of the Perquimans County Senior Citizens Center is to seek to improve and enhance the quality of life of our older adult population and to promote their participation in all aspects of community life.
The purpose of the Senior Center is to promote the physical, emotional and mental well-being of older adults and to encourage their participation in the community. The Center functions for all senior adults in the community.
There is no membership fee required for participants. Seniors 55+ years old or a spouse of a 55+ years old are asked to fill out a simple form providing us some basic information. This information remains confidential and will not be released without consent.
The Center publishes a monthly calendar of events for participants. This calendar is available the last day of the month. The calendar can be picked up in the front hall of the Center. If there are activities you desire you may call and be placed on the list.
We have an exercise area where the equipment is located. We have a treadmill, bicycles, a stepper, Nu-Step machine, and a rowing machine. We ask that you fill out a waiver and have a short orientation session before you begin to use the equipment. You are entirely on your own to use the equipment. Take it slow and use common sense. Always warm up and cool down. The schedule is posted in the monthly calendar each month.